Gallery Underground is an Arlington Artists Alliance gallery. The gallery is a non-profit cooperative promoting established and emerging artists from the Northern Virginia region. Artists are chosen for membership by a panel of jurors. Artists pay a fee for membership and are required to work volunteer hours for the gallery each month
Benefits of Gallery Membership
- Member artists may exhibit multiple artworks each month in our gleaming 3000 square foot exhibition space
- Excellent location in high traffic shopping district
- Professional, adjustable track lighting
- Metro adjacent, and free parking on nights and weekends
- Public exposure through opening receptions and special events
- Promotion in many local publications and to our extensive patron list
- Personal web page on the www.galleryunderground.org website
- Monthly newsletter sent to our extensive patron list
- Full time gallery staff manages every aspect of displaying your work:
- From receiving, displaying, labeling, promoting, to processing sales and packaging your work for buyers
- Coordinate and host gallery receptions and special events
Terms of Membership
- $300 for 6 months membership, 20% commission per artwork sold goes to the gallery.
- 4 hours monthly volunteer commitment in the gallery during opening hours
- Attendance at all gallery receptions is strongly encouraged and member artists must contribute food and beverages for each reception.
Specifics regarding the above information are outlined in the Artists Contract which all members must sign.
Artists interested in joining Gallery Underground should e-mail the following items to email@example.com:
- Five or more images of their current artwork (injpeg format, 1MB or less please)
- A current resume of exhibitions
- A current bio and artist statement